Supply of goods and services:
- We accept no responsibility for loss or damage which you or a third party may sustain relating to Goods manufactured to our design but used in any way for which the Goods were not designed.
- All building materials remain the property of K Construction (Scotland) Ltd until fully paid for. K Construction reserves the right to remove any installed goods from the area of works until payment is received in full.
- We may withdraw our quotation and withhold delivery of the Goods if your account is outstanding to an extent which we regard as unreasonable or for any other reason which gives us doubts about your ability to pay.
- When you engage K Construction in supply materials, goods or services it is your responsibility to provide us with accurate information. K Construction cannot be held liable for inaccurate information supplied to us and will seek remuneration on all costs expended.
Delivery of goods and products:
- Prices for delivery of goods and products will be supplied by quotation. For supply only goods delivery is not included unless specified.
- If we deliver the Goods to you to such place as you direct within the United Kingdom risk of loss or damage passes to you when the Goods are delivered by us to the place agreed between us. If the Goods are to be collected from our premises that risk passes to you when the Goods are loaded on to your or your carrier’s vehicle.
- We may deliver by part-deliveries.
- Each part-delivery will be a separate and independent Contract but you may not cancel the rest of the Contract if we are late or fail to deliver any part.
- You will accept delivery within 7 days of being advised that the Goods are ready. Otherwise, we may charge you interest at the rate of 1.5 per cent per month and make a storage charge of 1 per cent per month on the invoice value of the Goods.
- You must examine and sign for the Goods when they are delivered. No claims will be accepted for damage, shortage or loss unless written notice of such claims is received within 3 days of delivery.
- We will not be responsible for any loss caused by late delivery. Late delivery does not affect your duty to pay us.
- If you cancel your order we may recover all our costs up to the date when we receive your notice of cancellation.
- If you should have a receiver appointed over any of your assets or if an order is made or a resolution passed for your winding up or if you commit an act of bankruptcy or become not our bankrupt we will be entitled to remove any Goods which have not been paid for in full and will be entitled to enter your premises for the purposes of doing so.
- Where you claim that the Goods are defective or do not conform to your order specifications you must inform us in writing within 3 days of receipt of the Goods and allow us the opportunity to inspect and test the Goods.
- If the goods are inspected by Edinburgh Sash and Case and are assessed as being satisfactory and the customer is still not satisfied then an independent assessor will be contacted and the assessor will provide a report stating who is at fault, with the loser to pay the assessors fees. If the assessor states that the product or fitter is to blame then Edinburgh Sash and Case will do their utmost to rectify. If the customer is still not satisfied then they must pay the outstanding bill for completed works.
Payments and Deposits:
- We request payment on completion of works requested and undertaken. We request payment for Joinery once joinery tasks complete, then payment for painting once complete. Please note that no painting works will be carried out until payment has been received for the joinery works. This can be arranged via our administration department contactable on 0131-554-0514.
- We accept Visa Cards, Debit cards, BACS payments, cheques and cash.
- Upon receiving your deposit we can then confirm a date for fitting work to commence. This is required prior to the commencement of any manufacturing.
- We will not measure up proposed works until receipt of your manufacturing deposit.
- We require a deposit for all works below:
Single Glazed Refurbishments – 55% deposit required and remainder of payment made on completion.
Installation of New Sashes into Existing Casement – 70% deposit required and remainder of payment made on completion.
Full New Sash and Casement Replacement – 70% deposit required and remainder of payment made on completion.
Manufacturing Supply Only – 100% payment required before manufacturing can commence *See notes below
Painting Works – 0% deposit and 100% payment on completion.
- You will normally be asked by our site joiner or painter to walk round and view your completed works. You will be asked whether you are satisfied that works have been finished to a satisfactory standard and then sign off the job sheet to confirm this.
- Upon completion of joinery works immediate payment should be made for all works carried out.
- Upon conclusion of works you can retain 5% of total payment if you are not satisfied that the works are complete. If this is your intention you must inform us within five working days of completion of works clearly stating your reasons for retention of payment.
- Any complaints must initially be directed to the company administration office by e-mail.
- Late payment penalty. We reserve the right to charge 2% over the bank base rate and a £40 a month penalty charge will be applied to outstanding invoices.
- Please Note: If the final invoice is not paid in full this wil void you guarantee.
For full replacement sash and case windows – please note these are supplied dissembled and unroped. Rope is not provided. Weights will be supplied loose and may be a mix of cast iron and lead or provided in bar form for cutting on site.
For supply only jobs, door ironmongery is not usually supplied unless specified with the exception of doorsets which would normally be supplied as a complete unit.
If there are any questions on any of the above information do not hesitate to contact our office on 0131 554 0514
The Contract, these Conditions of Sale and all Special Conditions of Sale will be governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with the law of Scotland.