Preparing your property for works:
For the duration of works:
- Our joiners and painters are usually on site from 8.00am – 4:30pm. We will require full access to the property by prior arrangement and for the duration of the works. If you are not able to provide full access to your property for the duration of works (i.e. provision of keys) then you should inform us of this one week before your work is scheduled to take place.
- It is your responsibility to inform tenants and third party key holders of works dates, arrangements and times of K Construction staff arrival. K Construction reserves the right to seek reasonable remuneration should our staff be unable to gain access on the agreed date of works.
- K Construction works may involve strong smelling adhesives, solvents, paints or thinners. Should anyone in the household suffer from breathing difficulties please take appropriate action to avoid direct contact with these substances and areas of use. You should inform us of any unusual circumstances or health issues prior to the commencement of works.
- Our work may result in a temporary loss of facilities within the area of works i.e. kitchen worktops in front of windows, telephone lines, running water.
- In the event of a temporary loss of facilities we will attempt to minimise the time period of this disruption by restoring the full use of your facilities as quickly as possible. We advise that you make provisions for potential disruptions accordingly.
- K Construction will inform you in advance of any scheduled loss to facilities (as above) at the location of works.
- You should inform us in advance of any other works taking place on the property by a third party in advance of works commencing.
- Our works will often generate building debris. This may mean that materials may need to be stored in your property for a short period of time prior to their removal at the conclusion of works.
Our trades are well experienced in working in domestic and commercial properties, however if you can read through this carefully before we start works on your property and ensure that all items highlighted are dealt with prior to our men being on site, it it will ensure a smooth transition through the whole process.
- All works carry a risk of accident. We do everything we can to keep these risks at a minimum. We ask that you take extra care while we are carrying out works (particularly if children, partially sighted persons or pets are in the property) and inform us of any unusual circumstances prior to the commencement of works.
- We will not be responsible for any loss due to late delivery or suspension of delivery caused by strikes, lockouts, war, fire, breakdown of machinery or any other causes beyond our control and, in these circumstances, we may cancel the Contract.
- We will make every effort to commence work at an agreed date and time. We cannot accept responsibility should any unavoidable delays occur during the works. When you are informed of work times, dates and schedules this must be viewed as an approximate estimate and we cannot be held liable for any consequential claims due to work running over or under the proposed schedule.
- Timber products are often sanded and prepared on-site. You should take appropriate precautions to protect soft furnishings. We will lay dust sheets in the immediate vicinity of the works and take additional precautions subject to the specific client however you should take additional precautions in order to protect your personal contents and areas of your property.
- All K Construction works will create varying levels of airborne dust. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure this is kept at a minimum but we ask that you assist us by removing contents which might be affected prior to our arrival.
- We can accept no responsibility for damage to any soft furnishings or curtains that have not been suitably removed or protected. When interior work is taking place you should remove breakable items such as pictures, mirrors, ornaments and electrical goods. We will take care to protect your property, but we cannot be held liable for any damage incurred if you fail to remove these items.
- Please take down your curtains, nets or any blinds. Remove any security system sensors on the windows. We are not liable for any damage incurred if you fail to remove these items.
- When external work is being carried out by K Construction it is your responsibility to ensure that all items of a fragile and delicate nature are removed from the area. We are not liable for any damage caused to items from falling debris, loading and unloading or painting work. For example – vehicles, garden furniture, planters etc. should all be moved or cleared from the immediate area.
- Occasionally sashes are painted shut or are there are other circumstances which makes it extremely difficult to assess the condition of the windows at quotation stage, therefore customers will be informed if any windows or sashes are required to be replaced rather than refurbished as this will affect the original quote.